I'm against the $85,000,000,000 bailout of AIG. Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85 billion to America in a "We Deserve It" Dividend.
To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+... So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals $425,000.00.
My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a "We Deserve It Dividend." Of course, it would NOT be tax free.
Let's assume a tax rate of 30%. Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam. But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.
What would you do with $297,500.00 in your pocket?
- Pay off your mortgage – housing crisis solved
- Repay college loans – what a great boost to new grads
- Put away money for college – it'll be there
- Save in a bank – create money to loan to entrepreneurs
- Buy a new car – create jobs
- Invest in the market – capital drives growth
- Pay for your parent's medical insurance – health care improves
As for AIG – liquidate it. Sell off its parts. Let American General go back to being
American General. Sell off the real estate. Let the private sector bargain hunters
cut it up and clean it up.
Yowza, Crazy European Chick - I've been reading lots of books lately. Good books, some are even really good books, but nothing that I'd throw into the "Great" category. Until today. *...
5 years ago