Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Re-Post: CNN Political Analysts

This post was originally put on the now defunct "What Was I Thinking?" blog on March 5, 2008. Reposted here for your enjoyment.

Last night I was watching a little bit of Primary-palooza coverage on CNN. Wolf Blitzer (still not sure that's his real name) was holding things down in "The Situation Room." What surprised me was that Wolf introduced his co-anchors as the "Best Political Team" on television. How pompous do people have to be to start referring to themselves as the "Best" at something?

I think I'll start calling myself the "Best Pie Eater" in the world. Apparently, we can all call ourselves whatever we want. Give yourself a title.... go ahead, it's fun. Do you want to refer to yourself as "Assistant Undersecretary of Coasters"? Have at it. "Ambassador to Victoria's Secret"? It's yours.

By the way, I looked around the "Best Political Team's" Election 2008 website. Apparently being the best means having games about delegate counts and funny cartoons about political spin. Oh those crazy political analysts, what will they think of next?

No comments: