Listen responsibly. If you like to listen to music at work, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use headphones if you share an office.
- If you have enough personal space to use external speakers, make sure the sound doesn't carry into other people's workspaces.
- Keep the volume low enough to hear if your phone rings or someone calls your name.
- If you use speakers, remember to pause the music when talking on the phone.
- Don't sing aloud. In all likelihood, you're a bigger fan of your voice than your co-workers are.
- Keep the dance moves to a minimum.
Now I'm going to type this into an email and blast it around to my officemates as an FYI with a note that their ability to adhere to these guidelines will be reflected in their next annual review.