Thursday, September 25, 2008

Our Government Is A Hot Mess

I’m not going to lie—American politics sometimes befuddle me. Granted, I did a little research today on two constitutional monarchies (those of the United Kingdom and Australia) because I’d heard somebody talking this past weekend that their Prime Minister wasn’t an elected position and people could be overthrown by their own party on any given Sunday, and that sounded fishy to me. Truth be told, it’s not quite that willy-nilly, but still a little less than formalized (i.e., the Prime Minister isn’t an official office outlined in their constitutions).

Anyway, there’s a whole slew of craziness going on in Washington, D.C., right now to get the banking debacle straightened out. John McCain is suddenly a work-a-holic who wants to postpone tomorrow evening’s scheduled presidential debate so that he and the other Senator can return to their real jobs of helping to run the country. Apparently, Barrack Obama fancies himself a multi-tasker and has given McCain a little public dressing down saying something to the effect of, “Get your head screwed on straight—you should be able to debate me and vote on the Financial Bail-Out package,” (regardless of the fact that you can’t actually vote if you’re not present to vote).

There was talk today on CNN’s Headline News that I was watching while at lunch (Qdoba was so yummy) about what the viewers thought of this situation: Postponing Debate v. Not Postponing. One caller felt that this was all a ploy on the part of McCain’s campaign to delay both this and the subsequent Vice Presidential debate so they could continue to shelter Sarah Palin from the public spotlight. Another caller said that both of these guys are being paid to be state Senators and they need to get back to Washington and do the job they were elected to do (here, here!).

My editorial comments aside, I think that McCain and Obama both might be on to something…


(Onion News Network Video: “McCain’s Economic Plan: Everyone Marry A Beer Heiress”)

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Im not going to lie, I think saying the government is a hot mess is a little lack lustre. I would probably go for Hot Tranny Mess, that would be more apropos.

Literature Crazy said...

The only reason I can't include "Tranny" in my description is that they're all still in the closet in D.C., over-compensating for their obvious homo-erotic tendencies.

Sabrina said...

JDL...
Just Died Laughing.